01 April 2019

Bisecting the Hexagon, 1 April

All holidays come to an end, and this one is winding down to its close. I really haven't felt able to do anything much today after overdoing it yesterday - the tourist areas of Paris are now overrun with electric scooters, which do not add to the city's charm, but would have saved our legs a bit had we learnt how to use them.

I think I slept all the way to Beauvais this morning, but as we needed eggs I had to go into the supermarket and got some radishes and one or two other things while I was at it. It turned out to be lunchtime and so we had that, and then tried to drive on to an aire from our book that we thought sounded nice, opposite a British cemetery, with full services. But the lat and long just led us to the middle of a field, and there was neither a cemetery nor, indeed, a road by that name in the village. Had it been on-line, I'd have suspected an April Fool prank, but this was in a book. Very odd. So we came to this car park in Amiens, where we have stayed before. The SW had scratched dirt on the place I'd originally chosen, saying it was in the middle of nowhere. Not that it matters. Tomorrow to Coquelles and a Last Shop, and then home on Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment