18 May 2019

Late Spring Holiday, 17 May

Another long drive today, to Mannheim, where our niece lives.

First thing, the Swan Whisperer went for a run while I got breakfast and then we started off by retracing our steps a little to a very large Carrefour, which made the one at Cité Europe look tiny!  I did a bit of shopping, wincing slightly at the prices of things like tinned veg. However, fresh fruit and veg, which is what I mainly wanted, were reasonable and I got some, plus the cream cheese I had forgotten to get the previous day and ice cream for supper pudding. Plus a tray of olives and sliced salami for nibbles.

We then drove and drove, doing at a random aire for lunch and again for diesel, and arrived here about 16:45, in nice time for a cup of tea and the SW went for a leg stretch while I stayed in the van as it was hot, so we had everything open to air it out, and someone had to be there!

Our niece arrived about six and we had a lovely evening with her, eating the aforementioned nibbles and ice cream with a butternut squash and mushroom risotto in between and killing off a bottle of Mas Alart rosé. It was great.

No comments:

Post a Comment