04 June 2019

Late Spring Holiday, 4 June

I didn't feel great when I got up this morning - nothing serious, just headachey, and feeling as though I hadn't slept, which was not at all true. So I was thankful that the morning required nothing more of me than to sit quietly in my seat and sleep while the SW drove! I woke up when we reached Gent and felt a lot better.

After lunch we drove on to Calais, and parked up in the Cité Europe while we had a cup of tea and then drove over to the Auchan garage to get diesel and gas. Then we drove through Calais and waved at the Bourgeois, and then back to the aire.

I then went into Carrefour to do some last-minute shopping, and was rather startled when I came out to find that it had got dark and all the car park lights were on. As I was not expecting the sun to set before 10:00 pm, I wondered how on earth long is been in there! 

The darkness, needles to say, was the prelude to a huge storm, which lasted a good hour, but eventually cleared off and the sun has reappeared. I was glad if got back to the van before the storm started in earnest - one poor man wasn't so lucky and was soaked to the skin before he got his shopping put away! I have just seen him walking past in a quite different pair of shorts! I am really watching the wind turbines, not the people, but...

No comments:

Post a Comment