05 June 2019

Late Spring Holiday, 5 June

Up at 06:45 this morning - well, not really up, but awake enough to put the hot water on and make tea - and we were away by 08:15.  First stop was the petrol station where we could empty the grey water, although I think we did make a little more during the homeward journey.  Then straight to the check-in, where they offered us a place on the 09:20 crossing - 08:20, UK time, which we must get used to again.

This was great, as it meant we could drive the van straight to Sussex, arriving there about 11:15, just in nice time for coffee. We had lunch with my mother and sister, and then my mother went to her WI  meeting and we finished unloading the van and packing the car, and then the SW did all the bits for the van that wanted doing, like emptying the loo, sweeping it out, double-checking everything and packing it away until next time.  We left for London at about 14:45, the car feeling very strange after so long in the van, and got home about 16:30; we have unpacked, put things away and started the first of many, many loads of washing!  I have gone through my blog and added photos, where I had some nice ones, and corrected such typos as I noticed - if you see any particularly egregious ones, let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment