15 September 2019

Early autumn holiday, 15 September 2019

Cité de l'Europe

We didn't set off until noon, as the Swan Whisperer wanted a good walk (despite having had a run before breakfast) before the long drive. I didn't join him, as I'm too slow and it wouldn't have been a long walk, plus my knitting needed more attention than I could really give it in a moving vehicle.

The first hour, until we got to the motorway, was great fun - we passed a fire station having its Open Day, and loads of motorbikes passed us going in the opposite direction, then loads of sports cars, many from Belgium or the Netherlands. We passed a pub whose garden was so full of motorbikes that there was barely room for their riders.

And then we got to the motorway and after that it was pretty dreary. We stopped twice, once for lunch and once for a leg-stretch; we listened to podcasts and I dozed a bit and knitted a bit. And we finally got here about six, hot, tired and thirsty! Water first, then beer...

I finished the wrap
I've been working on all holiday and we ate fish, mashed potatoes and peas followed by yoghurt and compôte. And so to bed. Home tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment