10 February 2020

Moselle Valley, 10 February

The weather was still horrible when we woke up, so the Swan Whisperer didn't go for a run. He did, however, go out for a blow just after breakfast, and to his disgust just failed to get a picture of a tug going through the canal tunnel.

There were services, but you had to get a jeton from the museum/tourist office, which was not open today as it was Monday. Fortunately we didn't really need them.

Really frustrating morning; I set the satnav to take us to E Leclerc, but when we got there it was only "Drive", i.e. Click and Collect. The main shop was about a mile away, but, of course, we went the wrong way at the roundabout and ended up driving for about 5 miles until we got there. Still, we did in the end, and now have groceries, diesel and gas!  I had a lovely time wandering round E Leclerc, and was pleased to get a tidier in-car charging hub than the one we used in the old van, which didn't really suit the new one. It's similar to the one in our car and sits riding in a cup-holder.

Then it was off on a long, long drive over to Contrexéville,; we stopped for lunch, but then not again until we got here. I put on music from my phone, which is random enough not to be predictable, knitted for a bit and then slept.  It was still windy, but infrequent showers and the sun came out for a bit. 

Once here, we had a cup of tea, and tried to do something about an annoying rattle - we got rid of one yesterday, but another developed today. I think we may have sorted it. But the ride quality is superb compared to the old machine, and much more leg room.

After supper, I enjoyed watching a film on my tablet - I have bought some sports earphones and they are so nice I don't  know I'm wearing them, and they don't conflict with my hearing aids, Although they do get muddled with them when taking them off! And now it is bed time, and the weather is distinctly better, although winds still very strong. 

No comments:

Post a Comment