13 February 2020

Moselle Valley, 12-13 February

I don't quite know why I didn't blog yesterday - I meant to! I didn't do very much, although I felt a lot better than the previous day. We went to a supermarket - another E Leclerc, if memory serves me right, and then drove the relatively short distance to Sierck-les-Bains, where we parked up by the river, but with a railway line in between. However, passenger services only seem to run at weekends and on bank Holidays, so only a couple of freight trains went past. The Swan Whisperer went on a long walk through three different countries, France, Germany and Luxembourg! I stayed in the van knitting, and finished my poncho at long last. It is lovely and warm. I can't quite decide whether to give it proper armholes, or not bother.

Today I went up to the Norma supermarket a couple of hundred yards away from the parking, but couldn't get fresh milk there and couldn't see the eggs, so we went to a Carrefour Market a little way out of town and rectified that. Then we drove along the banks of the Moselle to Trier, in Germany, passing through Schengen in Luxembourg, home of the infamous agreement. It would have been a lovelier drive if it hadn't been pouring with rain!

We used to park in the big park & ride car park, but they don't like you spending the night there, so we have goodly gone to the official motorhome site, which is expensive and electricity on top. Nice view of the Moselle though. After lunch the Swan Whisperer went for another walk (he did one before breakfast too), and I am relaxing on the bed as it is cold and I don't like to have the heating on if the SW isn't there. Seems a waste of good gas. 

No comments:

Post a Comment