17 February 2020

Moselle Valley, 17 February

We were wakened by church bells at 7:00 am, so the Swan Whisperer went for a run, slightly further, I think, than he meant, but then, we were parked up in the car park at the start of a rambling area! So I got breakfast, and managed to burn myself on the grill pan, which hurt, but lavender oil has sorted it, although you can see the place.

After breakfast, our first port of call was a supermarket in Kobern-Gondorf. We had originally planned to spend the night there, not in the supermarket, I don't mean, but in an aire, but decided to push on to Koblenz, which is not very far away. The place we had hoped to spend the night was just where the Moselle and the Rhine intersect, but when we got there it was €19, which said it included electricity and services, but the only thing that looked like an electric socket was full of water, and no sign of anything else. So we came away and have found a really nice aire where the Lahn and the Rhein intersect, instead. Only €11, and although electricity is extra, we found a socket with 4 Kwh left! Water is extra, but only €1 for 100 litres, which is fine. We haven't used the services yet, but will need to tomorrow.

So we had lunch and then I dozed off for a bit. The SW went to explore and when I came awake, I did, too, walking up to the nearest DM, about a mile away, and finding out that there is a half-hourly bus service into Koblenz from near our campsite, also half-hourly train from a little further away. In fact, I almost got on a bus into Koblenz, but only had a €50 note, so didn't. Instead I walked to the DM and bought what I wanted from there, and then walked back to the campsite. It didn't seem worth taking a bus for just one stop, which was all that I could see how to take between there and here. But tomorrow we will go into Koblenz, and may stay here another night as we are ahead of ourselves. 

No comments:

Post a Comment