02 April 2019

Bisecting the Hexagon, 2 April

And so the holiday ends, as most of our holidays do, at Cité Europe to be ready for an early crossing in the morning.

We started the day in Amiens, and realised it was raining. Apart from the first two days of our holiday we have had lovely weather; warm, shirtsleeve weather, and I don't think I've worn a coat more than once or twice!

The Swan Whisperer went out to buy bread and then we had breakfast, by which time the sun was out again. I went back to sleep for a bit, and I suppose it was about 11 we set off. We decided to have a look at Doullens, as although we have been there before, we couldn't really remember it. Not very impressive - there is a citadel, but not open for visiting at that time. So we came away and drove to Arras, and parked up by the great cemetery there, where we had lunch. And then slowly, through a tremendous hailstorm at one point, up to Coquelles and Cité Europe. I did a Last Shop in the rain, and then we had supper, and I'm about to go to bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment