We hadn't expected to be still here tonight - and we will, in fact, be staying another night. I had booked us into a Camping-Car Park at Sixt-Fer-a-Cheval (hoping, as I explained yesterday, to visit Chamonix tomorrow, but that will probably now happen on Wednesday), only to find when I got there that I had absolutely no telephone signal, none, nada, zilch. There was WiFi at the place, but I couldn't get logged in, as I think their systems were down. We couldn't get in there, either, and couldn't phone them up without a signal! So we came away and came back here, and he was very kind and booked us in for tonight and tomorrow night, no problem. We'll probably go up to the Fer a Cheval tomorrow anyway - it really isn't that far, and the Swan Whisperer would like to see it.
Meanwhile, the first port of call this morning was to a Super U where I did a small shopping - quite forgetting the bread I'd wanted to get for lunch! Oh well, we did have some, but not a lovely fresh baguette! The Swan Whisperer suggested we visit Morzine, which wasn't too far away, so we drove there and parked up. It was a very pretty little ski resort. Hardly anywhere was open, it being both a Monday and October, you would expect that, but we enjoyed a short-Ish walk round the town. Then we headed back to Sixt-Fer-a-Cheval, with the aforementioned result. The receptionist here said that there are no networks up there and it is a well-known problem.
Anyway, once we got back here, the SW went off on a long walk by himself, and I stayed in as I was expecting a phone call, which duly came through. Then it was time to start getting supper, which was fresh pasta with a home-made tomato sauce (I should have blended it, but failed to), cabbage and leek. Followed by fromage blanc and strawberry compote! Delicious.
No comments:
Post a Comment