23 May 2019

Late Spring Holiday, 23 May

We had all asked F to bring the sun with her when she came over yesterday, and she really seems to have done  so. In a huge contrast to the last few days, today was utterly glorious, and really warm.

There was no skating we wanted to watch this morning, so I went for a walk in the town and the SW went for a walk with friends. We had invited them to lunch, and I made a Greek salad to go with our rolls and cheese, and a big fruit salad for pudding.  And we drank beer, and then went over to the rink to watch the skating, which we did for the rest of the day, slipping out for a very quick pizza at Zohran's during a resurface.

The ice dance started today and watching the Bronze dances made me sad as the ISU has admitted more dances to its canon, so one of the dances
was the Willow waltz, which I used to skate competitively, although not well. I remembered why and how much I love ice dancing, and although I know, realistically, I am never going to be able to do it again, I still miss it sometimes!

No comments:

Post a Comment