26 May 2019

Late Spring Holiday, 26 May

I think I must have slept the clock round last night! It was not much past 9:00 when I fell asleep, and it was almost 9 when I finally came awake. I had got up at least twice in the night, of course, and at 06:30 had quite thought I was awake for the day, but no! 

Today is just over half-way through the holiday, so after breakfast the Swan Whisperer changed the sheets. While this was happening, I walked to the nearby bakery - German bakeries open on Sunday mornings - and bought rolls for lunch and, as it was Sunday, two slices of raspberry cake. The assistant found it necessary to draw my attention to the fact that it was yesterday's cake, being sold off at half price, did I mind? Well, duh....

We had decided to stop in Bad Reichenhall for lunch, but it was further than we thought (and I picked the wrong car park) and lunch basically didn't happen until about 15:00, which was a nuisance. Then we drove on to Gmunden, but the SW wanted to go a scenic route which did not really agree with me. Oh well.... When we got here, I flopped on the bed to read and he went for a walk, and we didn't sit down to supper until gone 20:30.  I hope our meals will be at more civilised times tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. My Czech mother went to a finishing school in Bad Reichenhall, so family tradition says, though I have never found any details of it anywhere. Shades of the Chalet School though....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We went several times to an ice skating camp held there in October; sadly, the roof of the rink (and neighbouring swimming pool) collapsed one winter's day killing many people. There is no rink in Bad Reichenhall now, only a hole in the ground.

      Delete