18 September 2023

Early autumn holiday, 18 September 2023

Calais, Rue d'Asfeld motor home park

One reason why I was a little stressed when the trains went wrong yesterday was because I knew there wouldn't be much time to unpack and repack before heading off again this morning. 

I had done as much packing as I could before I went to Bradford, but still had to sort out my overnight bag, and decide what knitting, etc, I wanted to take with me. And pack the second crate with stuff we needed until the last minute - tea bags, coffee (which I nearly forgot)), Marmalade, etc. And even then there seemed to be an awful lot of things to pack into various nooks and crannies. And I regretted not having packed the tomato chutney when we had our belated dinner! 

We finally set off at about 10:45 and half an hour later - not that we had gone that far as the traffic was terrible due to a road closure and the new LTNs - had to turn sadly back as the Swan Whisperer had left his phone behind. However, we arrived in Sussex at about 12:45, just in time for lunch. After which I went to sleep, but the SW was very energetic getting the motor home, transferring stuff from the car, unpacking that which needed to be unpacked, etc. 

We left Sussex at about 16:40 and had an uneventful journey to Folkestone, arriving at the terminal in time to be offered a crossing an hour earlier than the one we had booked on. So we said yes please, and went straight through passport control, etc, and only had to wait a very few minutes in the holding pens. An uneventful crossing, during which we finished unpacking, and then we drove to this aire in Calais, which is pretty busy, and the Swan Whisperer got supper, which we have now eaten and are about to have a cup of tea before going to bed! 

I haven't taken any photos today, so here is one of the cream tea I had on Saturday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment