24 March 2018

South of France, 24 March

We are a day ahead of ourselves today, as we realised that the place I had chosen for us to spend the night was on the horrible road between Valence and Le-Puy-en-Velay that we drove over once and never again!  And really, it was not far between the two places I had chosen for last night and tonight, so we thought we'd push on, and then have a day in hand.

We had a bit of a fight with the Satnav, which wanted us to go over the Plateau de Vercors, but those awful hairpins down to Die?  In a motorhome? I don't think so!  So we came mostly down the N7, which was lovely, a lot of it along the banks of the Rhône.  Stopped for lunch somewhere in a random car park, but warm enough to have the skylight open, and it is definitely Spring here in the south!  The birds are shouting their heads off, and we are parked up in a lavender distillery which has a donkey and dwarf rabbits and Guinea-pigs. At least, I think they are dwarf rabbits, not rabbits and dwarves, which I thought for a mad moment, but the lack of a comma in "lapins nains et cobayes" reassured me!

No comments:

Post a Comment