After breakfast this morning, the Swan Whisperer went for a walk around a local lake, and I set off to explore the village. There really wasn't much village to explore, and it wasn't all that exciting. I thought there was a Sunday market, but it was only two stalls, one selling honey and related products, and the other selling chicken and chips and very similar (no thanks, not straight after breafast!).
So there wasn't much to see, although I took a fair few photos, and then walked down to meet the Swan Whisperer on his way back from his walk. Then after coffee (for some reason I wanted a second cup, which I seldom do), we set off towards Besançon, straight along the former N road. This was a lovely mixture of scenic roads, fast roads, villages and the occasional, inevitable industrial/commercial area on the outskirts of larger towns and villages.
We turned off to go to another "Cirque du Fer à Cheval", which the SW wanted to see, but from the top this time. I stayed in the WoMo, as I really hate that sort of thing. In fact, we think we got better views on the way down after we'd had lunch, as I think the official viewpoint was overgrown. The road was one of those dug into solid rock, always rather alarming! And not very well surfaced.
Anyway, we headed on and arrived here at this campsite outside Besançon at about 15:30. After a cup of tea, I went for a leg-stretch around the site to get my steps in, and later the SW went for a walk on his own behalf. There is a walnut tree just outside the van and loads of windfall green walnuts; I am not quite sure what one does with them, but my mother probably knows - I must text her to ask!
No comments:
Post a Comment