26 May 2021

Shakedown Cruise, 26 May

We did manage to find a few television channels last night - and again today, come to that - but of course not the ones we wanted!  Ah well, that's life, and at least we get to see Springwatch on BBC2!

Woke to a gloriously sunny morning and the hot water came on when we had asked it to and also turned it off when we had set it, which was just too early so the poor SW got a cold shower!  After breakfast we "redd up", as my in-laws say, and set off mid-morning to visit friends for lunch.  It was fantastic to see them agaiin, and by the time we were ready to leave, it was mid-afternoon. 

We are parked up in a campsite near Battle, and just next door to Ashburnham place, where I have dire memories of church weekends away!  I gather they now have  very nice café that is open, so maybe we will explore tomorrow.  The SW is about to go out for a walk; I think I shall flop on the bed and read for a bit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment