28 May 2021

Shakedown Cruise, 28 May

 It was only ever going to be a short break, and it came to an end today.  We had hoped to go into Brighton this morning, but the antibiotics have kicked in and I could do nothing but sleep.  The Swan Whisperer went for a run first thing, but after breakfast I nodded off and slept soundly until he came back from a walk down to the sea and back.  Then we decided to set off, and I slept almost the entire way from Brighton to No 6!  I did rouse up a bit after that!

We had a really nice lunch with my mother and sister, and shared some of our cheese, etc, with them.  And then it was time to empty out the van, transfer everything to the car and head back to London.  Again, I slept a great deal of the way, but woke up when we reached Mitcham, and there was a massive traffic jam around Fygges Marsh junction; as bad as when it was a roundabout!  I don't know what they can do to improve things.  

Anyway, we head off again mid-June on a longer break now that we have familiarised ourselves with the van again.  I didn't take any photos today, so here is another from yesterday: 

 And by the time you read this, I will have gone through the earlier posts and amended any egregious typos - I know there are some - and updated locations.  Blogger doesn't seem to allow you to do that in their mobile app at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment