16 June 2021

June Holiday, 16 June

We woke up relatively early this morning, and the Swan Whisperer went for a walk before breakfast.  We both used the sanitaires to shower - I have a Radar key, so used the disabled (there was nobody queueing; I wouldn't have used it if there had been), only I somehow left the shower gel and shampoo I had planned to use in the machine, which didn't matter for the shower gel as there was another in my sponge bag but I had to wash my hair with the extra-special l'Occitane one my parents used to collect for me from Minerva, and as you can't get them any more, I only use it when travelling, and only then on Sundays!  Ah well. 

The milk and the Swiss Breakfast had not survived the journey, so we had boiled eggs for breakfast, which we both prefer anyway.  And cherries!And then the Swan Whisperer went for another, longer walk, but I was tired and aching (bloody statins!), so went back to bed and back to sleep. Only to be woken by his telephoning me to say that he would be a little late back but had got milk. 

By the time we were ready to leave, it was later than we meant, so we decided to go as far as Oxford Services before stopping for lunch.  We hadn't much in the way of sandwich fillings, so I nipped into the shop and got a couple of rounds of sandwiches, pausing to admire the goldfish on the way in. 

We had the sandwiches followed by an absolutely perfect melon and some more cherries, washed down with "yelm" as home-made lemon squash is called in our family. 

Then we pushed on up the M40 and came off at Warwick, driving past Coventry (mentally waving at our friends who live there) and on to Leicester.  We are parked in a small car park at the edge of a wood, much used by dog walkers.  The SW - who has gone for yet another walk - was convinced it would be a bust, and when we got there we thought it was, as it was full.  But we stopped anyway to see what alternatives there were, and two cars promptly finished walking their dogs and pulled out, so we are in a lovely shady space in the corner of the car park.  We have had a cup of tea and more cherries, and as the SW has a church meeting this evening I shall enjoy the fact that this machine has two rooms, and retire to the bedroom while he has it!

No comments:

Post a Comment