10 March 2022

In search of spring, 10 March 2022

And so we are home.  This morning didn't quite go as planned, as after the Swan Whisperer had had his shower, we found we were totally out of water.  He had to go and find a tap to fill a bucket to tip into the tank so that I could have mine.  This threw me, and I got into a bit of a state - starting packing things and not quite winning, the sort of state I normally only get into when I'm going away, not coming home!  Then, once we had finished breakfast, we set off to the Carrefour in Cité Europe, only to find that nobody had opened up the motor home parking so we were stymied, and had to go back to Auchan, which I dislike as I don't know the shop so well, and it is much slower as it doesn't have scan'n'shop the way Carrefour does.  Still, I got most of my shopping - I should probably have bought cream, and I should probably have bought some tinned peas, but still.  I got the things I'd put on my list!


After which, things went fairly smoothly until we got to Clackett Lane services, where we stopped for lunch, when the fridge beeped pitifully at us, and we found we were totally out of gas!  Talk of perfect timing - there was still enough hot water to do the washing-up, thankfully, and we had bananas for pudding instead of the ice-cream we had planned.. 

But the rest of the day went smoothly - we got down to Sussex, packed up the crates (non-perishaable foodstuffs, which I always take too much of!) and the Swan Whisperer loaded the car, and cleaned the machine, then he emptied the fridge (we had put the machine on electricity, so the fridge was working), and put it back in its garage, and we came sadly back to London after a wonderful holiday.   

And did we find the spring?  Absolutely!

No comments:

Post a Comment