13 October 2022

The last dregs of summer, 13 October 2022

Not a good day from my point of view, as my tummy went back on me and I felt rather rotten all day. So I only left the van to rinse out some washing that I needed to do to have enough underwear to last until I get home and a day or so afterwards.  There was a mini-helicopter - auto-giro? - on the aerodrome, which was rather fun to watch. 

We had a lovely drive today, though - a gloriously scenic drive up the D806 to the motorway (A75), and then we came off again to visit the Garabit viaduct, and actually saw a train crossing it!  (This is the Swan Whisperer's photo; mine wasn't nearly as good) We had lunch there - I was beginning to feel better by then  Back to the motorway, and then off again to this aire at Auzon, very near the one in Brassac-les-Mines we stayed at on the way down! The Swan Whisperer has been for a long walk, which he thoroughly enjoyed, and I have been knitting and reading. It is raining again, and the colours are definitely autumnal. I'm afraid summer is over for this year! 

No comments:

Post a Comment