16 May 2023

Oberstdorf 2023, Tuesday 16 May

Why do ice rinks always have such dreadfully uncomfortable seats? It simply isn't possible to sit and watch a competition all day without developing a servere backache!

Today started with the distressing discovery that I had somehow miscalculated the number of pairs of pants (underpants, if you are American) that I would need, so I had to fish the worn pairs out of the dirty laundry bag and wash them. It is far too wet for anything to dry, so they are hanging up in the shower, still damp!

Once that was done, I popped over to Norma for some necessities while the Swan Whisperer used the services, and then we set off for the rink as the forecast rain started.

We basically stayed there, grabbing a sandwich from the café at lunch time. I did a tai chi practice outside during one resurface, and enjoyed a glimpse of the local cows (difficult to see in this photo) but by about 4:30 my back was killing me, so I came back to the WoMo and treated myself to a cake from the new bakery with a cup of tea, and then, because I was cold, snuggled down in a rug. There may have been a nap...

The Swan Whisperer came  in at that moment, and we had the ready-meal I had bought earlier which was not very nice as it was too dry. Now we are  closing up to keep the heat in. And I, for one, am going to bed early! 

No comments:

Post a Comment