18 January 2020

WWMG Innsbruck, 18 January

We woke up, as the forecast had suggested we would, to a white world of snow. No more mountains gradually revealing themselved as the sun rose! We were glad we had done our sightseeing and were planning on watching skating most of the day. We had many friends in Silver Ladies II (so large it had to be split into two classes), and a fair few in III. As it happened, I got a bit of a headache - often happens when watching skating for any length of time, I think it's the whiteness of the ice, so after the second Silver Ladies II the Swan Whisperer and I went over the road to look at the Chinese restaurant he'd eaten in a couple of days ago, but it was a buffet and I hate those and I really wasn't hungry, so lunch was bought in the nearby supermarket. We bought - well, not quite Pot Noodles, but very nearly - and far those with an orange for lunch, and then supper tonight was egg and salad, and I know I shall feel the better for it! Didn't do anything much the rest of the day - the SW went for a run and I gather fell over in the snow. More fool him for going for a run this weather, I did suggest it might not be a plan!

No comments:

Post a Comment