16 January 2020

WWMG Innsbruck, 16 January

Today I decided to take the day off from skating, and from people in general. The Swan Whisperer wanted to go to Seefeld to skate so after breakfast he set off, and when I had finished tidyng the room I went off to catch the tram into town. Noticed that there was an MPreis supermarket by the tram stop,so determined to visit it on my way back.

However, the first port of call was a huge shopping mall called Sillpark, and I got off the tram there and had a look round. There was a C&A, which reminded me of my grandmother who was so clever at finding bargains there (and an H&M, which  my daughter is good at). Didn't see anything really worth trying on, though. Enjoyed wandering round DM as usual, although the prices seemed slightly higher than in Germany. There was a big Spar as the anchor store, but I didn't go in there.

When I had had enough I went and caught the J bus up to Nordkette. I had no idea of taking the cable car up the mountain, and as I was very thirsty I went to the nearest cafe and had a beer as well as a plate of käsespätzle, which was delicious but far too much and I could only eat half of it.
With hindsight, I should have taken the Hungerbergbahn down to the town centre, but I had wanted to go to Igls, which the J bus would have taken me to. However, the tram that took you back to town only runs once an hour, and I would have just missed it, so in the end I got off at the Inn, and wandered round the old town, visiting the Swarovski shops and goodly not buying anything although there was a crystal wolf that badly wanted to follow me home!  I did buy some rather lovely shopping bags, which will be great for knitting projects.

And so back to the main road and the tram, MPreis and the hotel, and we are watching skating on the livestream. 

No comments:

Post a Comment