15 January 2020

WWMG Innsbruck, 15 January

Not a good day, alas. When you go up to the rink, which isn't far, you have to go down into an underpass to cross the road, and the quickest way up is to go up some steps. I have been finding it necessary to stop for breath half-way up as my lungs are not brilliant at the best of times, and with the aftermath of this cold they are really bad just now. But the Swan Whisperer encouraged me to keep going, and I was badly out of breath when I reached the top. This wouldn't have mattered, but when we got to the rink, some jobsworth wouldn't let me use the lift, and by the time I got to the spectators' level, I was breathless to the point of feeling really unwell. I ended up sleeping through the free dance, and didn't want to do anything once we'd watched our friends skate except go to bed and sleep. I hope I'll be better tomorrow - I want to go round the shops!
No photos today, so here is the rink again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment