14 January 2020

WWMG Innsbruck, 14 January

We had an early start this morning as the ice dancing was due to start at 09:00, rather than at 09:30 as it did  yesterday and will tomorrow.  We got down there in good time, and enjoyed watching the Masters' Elite and Masters Rhythm Dances.  

I'd got confused and thought it was to be Silver Ladies I, where we don't know anybody, this morning, so we went for a walk in Innsbruck, stopping at the Stiftskeller for lunch.  I had sausages with sauerkraut, and the Swan Whisperer went for the day's meal deal, which was meat and potatoes in some kind of sauce followed by cake with cream.  I drank Almdudler, which I hadn't tried before; it was okay, I suppose, and I had no trouble finishing my glassful, but I'm not sure I'd buy it again. That is not the Stiftskeller, by the way....  We did not look in the Swarovski shop - maybe I'll go back without the Swan Whisperer!

We did, however, look round the market where we had had lunch at least once last time we were here. It has, I think, been poshed up a bit, and there is certainly a wider choice of places to eat than there was then.  

After lunch I was tired, so went back to the hotel on the tram, while the Swan Whisperer went back to the rink.  I did go out again, but only to the supermarket.  I know I've missed some lovely artistic programmes, and missed cheering on my friends, but in many ways I prefer watching free to artistic.  Tomorrow sees the last of the ice dances, the free dance, and also the last of the artistic, including our Aussie friends in Bronze V, which we will definitely watch. 

No comments:

Post a Comment