03 December 2021

Early Winter, Friday 3 December 2021

The last full day of the holiday, so of course I have to feel rotten - aching, exhausted, and really not up to par. And still coughing nicely, although less than before. As I said, if I were at home, I'd take a test, and probably will when I get home tomorrow, although as I have to self-isolate anyway until the results of our day 2 PCR tests come through, not much point, really.

The Swan Whisperer went for a walk in the morning, having been out first thing to find a boulangerie for croissants, while I read and dozed and researched a new smartphone (mine is giving notice to quit). Then I finally got dressed and we had lunch, and then drove up to Sangatte in the rain. We stopped at Auchan and I did about half of the necessary shopping, and then I made us a mushroom omelette for supper. And now I am snuggled up in bed with a hot water bottle! I feel quite a lot better this evening, so hope it was only a 24-hour bug. 

No comments:

Post a Comment