29 April 2024

Late spring holiday 2024; 29 April

Camperplaats Croy, Aarle-Rixtel, Netherlands. 

What a difference a day makes! Yesterday it was wet, and when it wasn't wet it was overcast and cold. Today it is sunny and warm, and I am quite comfortable in shirtsleeves, no cardigan, no wrap!

We slept fairly well, although I was rather overtired and out of cope by the time I finally got to bed. After breakfast and the usual chores we set off about 09:00. Our first port of call was the Auchan in Grande-Synthe, near Dunkerque, where I did a shopping - almost my only chance to shop in France. Of course, they were out of agrumes tea, which I like at least two cups of per day and haven't brought enough with me, expecting to be able to buy it today. Oh well. 

After which it was a long, dreary drive across Belgium, not bad until we got to the Antwerp ring road which was rammed and very slow. 

We crossed into the Netherlands and eventually found our way to this campsite, which is really rather nice. I tried to do a tai chi video without looking at the screen, only listening to the instructions, but got lost in part 2 - will try with another video, as some are clearer than others. 

So I wandered round the campsite and took a couple of photos, and in a few minutes I'm going to get supper. And another long drive tomorrow, into Germany. 

No comments:

Post a Comment