16 July 2020

Lockdown Lifted, 16 July

As might have been expected, I didn't sleep too well, but when I got up to use the facilities at about 6:00 am, I was disconcerted to find that not only would the loo not flush, but I could get no water to do it manually, either.  Investigation proved that the leisure batteries were flat, and we had to run the engine for awhile to charge them up again!

It was inevitable, I suppose - the machine has been off the road for the best part of six months, with only one excursion just before lockdown and then we turned the engine over once during lockdown, so the battery is evidently past its best.  So we will have to be careful with it, but no big deal.  If we don't charge our devices overnight, we should be okay.  I haven't planned us to go to many places with an electricity supply, but that could change. 

It might have helped had it been sunny, as the solar panels would have charged more than they did, but it was cloudy and a bit wet.  I was, as I rather expected to be, exhausted, so have done almost nothing except visit a supermarket.  Almost everybody wears masks here, which is brilliant.  I gather that, as in England, it becomes compulsory in enclosed public spaces from next week. 

Since we knew the aire here is very small, we drove straight here - I slept most of the way - and just as well, as it is now overflowing and someone asked me, sadly, whether we intended to spend the night here!  Yes, actually.... 

The Swan Whisperer has put up the television, but we are not sure how successfully, and we can't run it when not on mains power - well, we can, but it wouldn't be wise. He then went out for a walk and is just back.  I had another nap and have been crocheting and reading.  I have bought a ready-meal (couscous) for supper, so I shan't have to cook.  
Chamery from the bedroom window.Chamery, as seen from the bedroom window!

No comments:

Post a Comment