19 July 2020

Lockdown Lifted, 19 July

It has been another glorious day.  We were only going about half an hour away, up to the Alps above Lac Léman, to a village called Abondance.  The Swan Whisperer decided to go for a walk before breakfast, rather than a run, but went further than he meant, and had to jog back!

The drive up the mountains was reasonable  - not too many sharp bends, although the road was far from straight.  We are 916 metres here, about the same as Oberstdorf, and have come up about 550 metres since yesterday.  But it was really worth it! 


As soon as we arrived, the SW had some coffee and I had some lemonade - I had already had coffee before we left Anthy-sur-Léman.  Once that had been drunk, we pulled on hats and sandals and set out.  I decided that even though I am probably too old and too fat to wear shorts, I was going to anyway!  

It being Sunday, the village square was full of the market, suitably socially-distanced so we pulled on our masks to buy some Tomme de Savoie (we are, after all, in Savoie!) and some olives.  There's one thing - they won't know me again! 

Back to the van for lunch and a rest before our Church's Zoom service, which was of course at 3:30 pm here - not terribly satisfactory as both our phones decided to overheat and cut us off.  I think next week we might try on my tablet, instead. 

When Church was over, the SW went for a walk - there are lots of lovely walks round here, of course; I just wish I were more able for them.  And when he came back it was supper time!

No comments:

Post a Comment