23 July 2020

Lockdown Lifted, 23 July

We have had another glorious drive today, partly retracing our steps towards Briançon, along the most beautiful lake (more photos on Facebook) 

and then up over Lauteret again. At Briançon, I saw a huge hospital overlooking the town, and wondered whether it was once a Sanatorium for TB patients. Now, I expect it deals mainly with ski casualties (and probably, this year, with Covid-19 cases). 
In this direction, there was a spectacular glacier: 


We bought a sandwich and an ice on the top of Lauteret, and ate them in the motor home and then drove on, past another spectacular lake,
to our overnight place at Les Deux Alpes (up 10 hairpin bends!). We had not been going to get here until tomorrow night, but we think we might spend another day here - there is a free shuttle bus that takes you all over, so I shan't have to walk much (I can't on these slopes, anyway) and can get bread. I think we have enough food, but I will have to do a huge shop on Saturday! It is Thursday today, isn't it? 

2 comments: