07 October 2021

To Saleilles, 7 October 2021

Somehow I haven't done very much today.  Our friend J came round for coffee; it was lovely to see her and catch up on her news.  

After that it was time to move on.  Our first port of call was an E Leclerc - I was not very impressed, as I queued for ages at customer service to enquire about using their scan'n'shop devices, only to be told they were no longer in use.  Then it was totally not obvious where, or even whether, you should weigh your loose produce before taking it to the checkout - fortunately a very kind woman took my apples and figs and weighed them for me.  Someone else said you had to know where they were as it was not at all obvious, which made me feel better!

The Swan Whisperer said we should go to Fontévraut for lunch, as it wasn't very far out of our way.  I didn't feel like going up to the chateau so he went by himself, and then we drove on to this place.  He said it was a long old drive - I had a nap - but that is his fault for wanting to go cross-country rather than on the motorway (I do agree, it is nicer!).  

"Here" is a little village called Damvix,  which I thought was such a lovely name.  We are in a Camping-car Park aire; I joined the network a while ago and this was the first time I had used the card. 

You preload it with some money (you can refill online or at the sites) and then scan it at the entrance and exit to the aire.  Full services and electricity provided, but no sanitary block. Also Wi-Fi, but it is very slow and I can't stream my YouTube videos.  Cheaper than a conventional camp site, but not as many facilities.  This holiday is a mix of free Aires, France Passion, campsites and these places. 

No comments:

Post a Comment