16 October 2021

From Saleilles, 16 October 2021

The Swan Whisperer did the Bois de Boulogne parkrun this morning, 23'26", which he is quite pleased with.  I, meanwhile, had been to the campsite shop and bought croissants and a baguette.  They wouldn't sell me a demi-baguette, and insisted on being paid in cash - only about the 3rd time I've used cash since this pandemic began!

And after breakfast it was time to leave and to head back to Sangatte for our final night in France.  I did a final shopping, including tea and coffee for us and some nice bits for my mother and sister.  And that's about it, really.  I didn't take any photos today so here is one from earlier in the holiday. 

When we get back I must go through these post and add in the bits I'd forgotten, like the road cut into the rocks in the Pyrenees, very like the Gorges de la Bourne, and the fact that so many shops in Mehun were closed down...  And add locations, too.  It has been a lovely holiday, and the "new" motorhome at last feels like home.  I do hope it won't be too long before we can get away again - assuming we are not locked down or locked in to our own borders, hopefully at the end of November. 

No comments:

Post a Comment