07 June 2022

Oberstdorf and more, 7 June 2022

The holidays frequently start off with a long, slow, usually wet drive across Belgium, and they frequently finish with one, too. And today was no exception. We have been in four different countries today: Germany, the Netherlands, Belgium and France!

We started off with a trip to Lidl where I did a Last Shop in Germany (they gave me a €3 coupon because it is going to be my birthday) and then the horrible, long, slow, wet (why does it always rain in Belgium, especially round Brussels?) drive, first to Dunkerque and then when we decided we didn't really like that aire, another 30 minutes to this very nice one at Esquelbecq, which is free except for water, which we are not going to want anyway.

The SW, who went for a run this morning, went for a short walk this evening while I got supper. He says it is lovely, and I expect it is, but I am tired after the drive - I did doze a bit, of course, but mostly sat and was bored! Still, the holiday as a whole has been worth it, and I am very sorry it's almost over. 

There is a peacock somewhere - we can hear it but not see it. The SW says there is a woodpecker, too, but I can't hear that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment