08 June 2022

Oberstdorf and more, 8 June 2022

 And we are home!  The SW plodded through the rain this morning to get croissants and a baguette for breakfast, and we set off about 10:00 to Cité Europe, although in the event we only went to Lidl.  German Lidl gave me a €3 voucher because it was my birthday; French Lidl gave me a €5 one, but I found out, too late, you had to have spent €50 to qualify.  Oh well.  Did get some nice bits, though - but I wish we had gone to Carrefour as I quite forgot to get citric acid.  Not that it is that important - I can get it on-line - but I like the jars they come in.  

Anyway, it was then  just gone 11:00 and not too early to check in; they offered us a place on the 12:20 rather than the 12:50 we were booked on, but in the event we got on the 11:50, which was really nice.  We stopped at Clackett Lane Services to have lunch, and then arrived at no 6 at about 14:00.  My mother and sister are away, but we were able to let ourselves in to empty the loo, change keys, etc.  It was about 16:00 by the time we set off, and a rather slow journey due to the rush hour, but we were home by 18:00 and unloaded the car and have done a great deal of unpacking and the first load of washing.  Not quite sure when we'll be going away in the MoHo again, but we have a few adventures planned, so watch this space.

The peacock that I spoke of yesterday appeared after I posted last night; I did put a picture of him on Facebook, but in case you didn't see it: 




No comments:

Post a Comment