24 February 2024

Early Spring Holiday 2024; 24 February

Troyes, Champagne

Didn't sleep terribly well, as first of all I woke up and remembered I hadn't taken my evening medications, so had to get up and do that, and then started worrying that the would-be migrant who had taken refuge in our loo (but who left gracefully when we said we were going the other way) had found my handbag and removed our passports, which of course he hadn't, but I had to check!

Anyway, it was about 7:00 when the lights came on in the swimming pool next door to the aire, and I decided to call it a night. The Swan Whisperer went for a run before breakfast, and after it we left most of the clearing up and went for a walk up to the Basilica of Saint-Quentin.

I was very sad to find that the bout of flu I had two weeks ago has left me incredibly unfit, and as it was slightly uphill all the way, I was very slow and felt sorry for the poor SW! I will get fitter again, of course, but was very unimpressed with myself! However, we got there in the end, and I took some photos,and then we walked back to the WoMo via Monoprix and the river or canal (not sure which it is). There are photos on Facebook.

Then we finished sorting ourselves out, emptied the loo and the grey, and headed on down to Troyes. It was a lovely drive - we didn't go on the motorway, but the N and D roads were mostly very straight, well-paved and dual carriageway. And because it is Saturday, fairly quiet.

We are parked up by the Seine, in the same car-park we used last September. What we didn't find last time, though, was the Intermarché a very few yards away, just across the river. Almost nearer than Lidl is from home. I needed one or two things, so popped in there, and now the Swan Whisperer has gone for a walk. In the morning, I expect we will walk up into the town before heading further south. It is still bitterly cold, but we seem to have missed the rain today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment