27 February 2024

Early spring holiday 2024, 27 February

La Cavalerie, Cevennes

Well, we had no joy trying to cast to the television, so ended up watching on my tablet instead. So annoying - I think we might have been able to have done it had I been on data, but since there was, for once, a good WiFi signal, I didn't want to use it. Very frustraterating!

This morning, it was wet. Very wet. The Swan Whisperer did go for a run, but not a long one. Today's drive was down the A75, but really, not the nicest of days for it. We stopped at an Intermarché in Brassac-les-Mines where I shopped and the SW made his coffee, and then drove sadly over the first pass where there was simply nothing to see except fog! However, it did clear up a bit after that, but the A75 is a road designed for bright sunshine, which we did not have.

We stopped at the Garabit aire to look at the viaduct and were lucky enough to see a goods train going over it, and while we were there bought huge sandwiches (Cantal and salad) and two slices of tartes aux myrtilles for lunch. With hindsight, one of each would have been enough!

We used the facilities there, but I think I am getting too old to use a Turkish-style loo when they don't provide grab handles! It wasn't quite lunchtime, so we drove on another half an hour to another aire where we stopped to eat, and the SW made himself some more coffee. I fell asleep, and was afraid I'd missed the Millau Viaduct, but no, there it was (although I fell asleep again half-way over; I didn't take any photos of it today).

Our stop for the night, La Cavalerie, is off the next exit after the viaduct, and I was still very sleepy when we got here, so dozed off. I must have needed it! I think the SW did, too - he didn't go out for a walk or anything.

Of course, after such a huge lunch we weren't hungry for supper, so just had rolls and an egg, followed by cherry yoghurt (I am really not fond of this - had one to see if I liked it, but didn't!). There is no Wi-Fi here, alas, although there should be, but at least we are on electricity and can stay warm. All the same, as I am having a tired day, I think I'll go to bed very soon and be comfortable.

I just hope the rain will be away in the morning so we can enjoy a walk round La Cavalerie, which we remember from last time is a lovely village! 

2 comments:

  1. I have to switch my VPN off to get tv over Wi-Fi in this country - don't know how it is abroad...

    ReplyDelete