29 February 2024

Early spring holiday 2024, 29 February

Carro, Martigues.

Slept appallingly badly for some reason - up every hour to make myself comfortable! I normally have to do so once, or perhaps twice, but this was five or six times! Net result was that I have spent most of today feeling very "blah" and not really wanting to do anything.

The Swan Whisperer went for a walk after breakfast, but I didn't go with him, although I should quite like to have seen the Stations of the Cross at the place we were parked up, but it was all uphill and I couldn't face it.

We stopped on the outskirts of Nimes for me to shop, and then drove on. The Swan Whisperer regretted not having taken the motorway round Nimes, as it was roundabout after roundabout, all the commercial and artisan centres. I said he couldn't grumble because it had been his choice!

Anyway, the rest of the drive was very pretty until we got to the outskirts of Marseille, which is not nice! However, this aire at Carro, which we have been to several times before, is lovely, although as usual there was only one place left overlooking the sea, and that only small enough for a camper van - too small for us. But we are looking over the harbour and the lifeboat station.

I did go for a leg-stretch, but the SW has gone for a very long walk. I am hoping to get a decent night's sleep tonight, as tomorrow will be busy. I do hope the weather stays as glorious as it has been all day - bright sunshine, and warm-ish, although it is cooling down now. But it is also, alas, clouding over. 

2 comments:

  1. Maybe there is something 'in the air' (although I'm nowhere near you) I had a bad night as well, having to get up several more times than usual too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let's hope we both sleep better tonight, then!

    ReplyDelete