25 April 2021

An unexpected walk!

Actually, not as unexpected as all that!  I was preaching at a church which, we discovered the hard way last time, is in the congestion charge zone!   So we went by bus, and went a stop too far so had to walk back.  The bus stops in Brixton are playing sillybuggers at the moment due to resurfacing works somewhere, and as I didn't want to go on down to Brixton Hill, I got off at the police station, and then walked down to what's left of the farmers' market, and wandered round that, rather tempted by some oxtail and some Barnsley chops (but enough for at least four people, so I didn't), and then thought maybe some sausage meat, but couldn't think, offhand, what to use it for, so again didn't.  

And then I walked to the bus stop in Acre Lane, as the one by the Tube station is closed, and caught a bus up to Solon Road, as per, and then another walk round Lidl because there were one or two things I wanted.  And so home, and delighted to find I'd done more than enough steps for today (but not so pleased that Health has "updated" itself and now has a ghastly background for your step count, although you can also upload your own background which is what I did! 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment