19 April 2021

Coffee and a walk!

 

The Swan Whisperer's youngest brother is in town and for the first time in forever, it is legal for both of us to meet him.  So he came down on the bus to Brixton and the Swan Whisperer met him and we had coffee sitting outside Piece of Cake, the café literally just across the road from us (very useful when I realised I'd forgotten to put my hearing aids in, so dashed back to do that!).  It feels like forever - I think the last time I had a drink sitting outside a café was last summer!  One day we might even be able to have a drink sitting inside a café, but I'll not hold my breath!  

The men decided they wanted to walk on Clapham Common, so I said that if they didn't mind walking at my pace for a bit, I would come with them as far as Sainsbury's (this was a mistake as they didn't have any British asparagus so I had to buy Mexican, but as I'm putting it in my summer rice salad - which will probably be made with quinoa - it won't matter too much).   We went down King's Avenue a bit - not, as the map suggests, to Screwfix, but to look at the London Power Tunnels site on the corner of King's Avenue and Acre Lane.  And then across the road and up Bedford Road a bit, and wiggle across the estate to the back entrance of Sainsbury's, at which point I parted from the men, and I went into Sainsbury's.  I do get frustrated with that one - it has a much better range of stock than the one on Tulse Hill, but you have to check in the Scan'n'Shop and it almost invariably logs you out the first time so you have to try twice.  Whereas at the Tulse Hill one - and others I've been to - you just open the app, and it logs you straight into Scan'n'shop.

After my shopping, I decided that walking back would be unwise, so I got the bus, which was probably very lazy, but it feels that I've had the right amount of exercise for today!

No comments:

Post a Comment