29 November 2021

Early winter, 29 November 2021

It was a beautiful, bright early winter orning; blue skies and sunshine, although not exactly warm.  I gather the Swan Whisperer went for a run, but as I had fallen asleep again, I wasn't aware of it until he came back! 

Once we had had breakfast, it was time to catch the bus into the centre of Kehl, where I visited Müller and got some 4711 shower gel, and then DM where I got moisturiser and miniature shower gels.  Finally I parked the Swan Whisperer at a coffee shop and did a shopping in Edeka, and then joined him for coffee, and we walked back to the bus stop in good time for the bus back to the camp site. 

Lunch was the next order of the day, although I found I wasn't actually hungry.  Then we used the services, and got ready to leave Germany.  By this time, it had clouded over, and was beginning to snow!  

On our drive over here (a town called Hoburg Haut in Lorraine), the weather varied between rain, sleety rain, sleety snow and snow, depending on the altitude.  But just as we arrived at our parking place (free, but electricity is very expensive so we are doing without), the sun came out again, thus proving me right when I told the SW that we would arrive before it was quite dark! 

No comments:

Post a Comment