28 November 2021

Early winter, Advent Sunday 28 November 2021

When I woke in the night, I was aware that the temperature gradient between the inside and the outside of my duvet was extremely sharp, and, indeed, when the Swan Whisperer got up to make tea, he said it was 8° inside and only 3° outside! Fortunately, the heating is very efficient, so that state of affairs didn't last long!

We were away by 10, and drive over to Kehl. The idea had been to visit the Christmas Market in Strasbourg, but when push came to shove it was raining and rather miserable and I decided I really didn't want to walk round in a mask with my glasses so fogged up I can't see - unlike the SW, I am even worse off without them! So I stayed in the van while he went to explore, and had a peaceful afternoon knitting and reading, and there might have been a nap...

But I still got my bratwurst, as that is what we had for supper! 

No comments:

Post a Comment