24 November 2021

Early winter, Wednesday 24 November 2021

I really haven't done much today.  The insomnia and stress of the past few days finally caught up with me. 

The Swan Whisperer went for a run this morning, as he usually does in Düren, and after breakfast we used the services and set off.  Our first port of call was a ReWe where I did some shopping and then we set sail for Königswinter, stopping en route to buy beer and return the crate of empties that has been sitting in the back of the motor home for the past two years or so!  

We arrived in Königswinter in time for a very late lunch and after it the Swan Whisperer went on his favourite walk over the top of the Drachenfels, down the other side and back along the river.  I went to have a nap, intending to wake after half an hour or so and go for a walk, but in fact I slept all afternoon and kept dowsing off again when I was trying to wake up.  

So supper was quite the wrong nationality, as it was Italian - tortellini and tomato sauce, bought with last week's Lidl Plus coupons!  

No comments:

Post a Comment