16 August 2022

Summer Holiday, 16 August

Today has been a driving day.  I rather stupidly said I wanted to go to the Super U,  rather than the E Leclerc we passed en route, which was a mistake as the Satnav took us a very long way round.  Anyway we got there in the end, and I did a shopping, and then we drove to Amnéville, near Metz,  where we are staying the night. It took a long time as we decided to go non-toll, via Chalons and  Bar-le-Duc and Vitry-Le - Framçois and Nancy. A lovely drive, but a long one.  We stopped at Toul services to have lunch. We got badly lost trying to get to this aire as either we or the Satnav made a nonsense. But we got here in the end. The SW cleaned the windows, and we were very amused to see the man next door doing the same - inspired by us?

I haven't taken any photos today, so here is one from Chamery last night. 
It is still hot, but rain is forecast for tonight - I'll believe it if it happens! 

No comments:

Post a Comment