23 August 2022

Summer Holiday, 23 August 2022

It's been a long day today! We started off at this swimming lake place (which didn't open until 13:00, so we couldn't have swum even if we had wanted to). My tummy went slightly back on me, and probably after yesterday, and when we stopped at a huge ReWe to shop, I very nearly came over all unnecessary, and had to speak very severely to myself - the Swan Whisperer would not have been pleased if I had had to phone him to come and rescue me while he was drinking his coffee. I had previously gone to the Tedi on the same site and got another pair of shorts (yes, I know I'm too old and fat to wear shorts, but tough!) another short (1 metre) charging cable and, what pleased me almost most of all, a far more sturdy pill-organiser than any I have seen in the UK - the one I brought with me is so flimsy I had to put a rubber band round it to hold it together. This is a massively better design. 

I did get through the shopping all right, and back to the van, and we set off for Lubeck. I was feeling much better by the time we arrived. They have wonderful provision for motor homes there - two huge car parks, right in the city centre, no services, but only €6 for 24 hours, and and less for shorter periods. We think that, in a slight change of plan, we will go back there tomorrow night and can have a good explore, as it's ages since we have been there. 

Then we didn't want to dawdle as we wanted to arrive here, at Wittenbeck, on the Baltic. A huge, huge aire, obviously a seaside resort and also for visiting the Mollibahn, which we plan to do tomorrow. We are supposed to leave by 11, but the very nice young man who booked us in said that they turned a blind eye to half an hour or so over, so we are going to get up early and catch the 08:43 into Bad Doberan.... 

However, before then we did want to see the train, so went down to watch it go through, and then down to the beach and back to watch the train going the other way. And then I got supper, and it has cooled down a great deal.

No comments:

Post a Comment