25 August 2022

Summer Holiday, 25 August 2022

So this morning was All About Lübeck. After breakfast we set out to walk round the Old Town, which is seriously lovely. The Swan Whisperer wanted me to see the "Holy Spirit Hospital", so we looked at that, and then we had a slight difference of opinion, as I wanted to walk down one street, and he had walked down it last night so, not unnaturally, wanted to walk down another! So we split up and agreed to meet outside the Petrikirche in about 15 minutes. 

I really enjoyed my walk down through the main shopping drag, but also the lovely Rathaus, so not just shops! And I walked down through the market square to the Petrikirche, but no Swan Whisperer. Just then, he telephoned me, and after some confusion we worked out that while I had gone to the Petrikirche, he had confused it with the Mariakirche, and gone there! So we met up again in the market, by the fruit and vegetable stall, and I bought some lovely fresh garlic. 

After that, I settled the SW in a café while I went into the department store that had both a DM and an Edeka in its base, and I bought some of my moisturiser in DM, and groceries in Edeka and, to my delight, I found my favourite 4711 shower gel in the department store, so bought some of that, and an ice cologne dab-on. So I don't need to go to a Müller now to find them. 

I rejoined the SW, who had had coffee and a cake, and was seriously tempted by some of the delicious-looking ice creams on offer; however, it wold have spoiled my lunch and not good for me, so I just had a freshly-squeezed orange juice, which was lovely. 

Then we walked back to the WoMo via the main gate, and it was time to head on. We decided to go via the A1, and stopped at the first service area for lunch. But there had been an accident, and although our Satnav was able to steer us round it, so did everybody else's, and it was a slow old journey. 

This aire is at a place called Wildenhausen, and although there's nothing wrong with it, it took forever to find out how you paid to get in, and how you paid for electricity! But we did it at last, and as it is a lovely evening, we not only sat out, but ate out, too. We have decided we probably need a new picnic table, as this one dates back to our tenting days and is very wobbly now. We'll see what we can find on Saturday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment