20 August 2022

Summer Holiday, 20 August 2022

I didn't blog yesterday, as we were at a family wedding. It was a very happy day, and lovely to see so much of the Swan Whisperer's family, but, of course, not suitable for blogging about. 

We staggered into bed about 11:30 pm - not being party animals, we didn't stay to the end. Slept very well, but came awake before I meant. I do get a very dry mouth at night, and have a spray that helps. Unfortunately, last night I also had a spray bottle of Cologne on my nightstand - and, yes, the inevitable happened! So I leapt out of bed and rinsed my mouth out very thoroughly, and was awake for, if not the day, then at least the first part of the morning. 

Once we had redd up after breakfast, we decided there was no reason to hang about, so drove round the corner to the hotel where the rest of the family were staying (we were certainly not the only wedding guests on the campsite, though) and spent a very happy hour with them before they had to check out. We then headed on and went to a local Edeka where I shopped, and then we headed north. 

I knew nothing of the first part of the journey, but slept very soundly and didn't rouse up until we stopped for lunch, which I didn't really want. I then went back to sleep again until the SW woke me to be aware we were crossing the high bridge over the Moselle! I did stay awake after that as we left the motorways and drove to Königswinter along the Rhine. We decided that the Drachenfels has been rather spoilt by the modern café; it looks better from on top than from below! 

We were worried that the aire would be full, but there was room for us. The SW went out for a walk, and I caught up on YouTube etc - the signal here is brilliant; it was very poor at Altrip. I am still very tired, and plan an early night! And my cologne will not be on my nightstand! 

No comments:

Post a Comment