05 August 2024

Summer Break, Monday 5 August 2024

Veigné, near Tours

At last we are on our way home! The Daughter has taken over, and I can relax. 

She came down to the campsite for breakfast this morning, sadly without any croissants as the nearest bakery doesn't open on Mondays and the second nearest one is having its annual holiday (so French!). The local supermarket - as opposed to the big out-of-town hypermarket where I have been shopping all week - didn't open until about 9. So we said not to bother. 

After breakfast, we cleared everything up and left the campsite for the final time. She and I went to the pharmacie, who said that the days' deliveries hadn't happened yet. We then went to the hospital Secretariat and I was very amused as the jobsworth said They Couldn't Possibly do a health report for the insurance, but then the nice doctor came in and said Of Course You Can, and they had a bit of a row. The doctor won, of course, so we now have a certificate from him to show the insurance people, and the full medical report will be given to Mum on discharge. 

The Daughter then went off to do some work, and we went to the hypermarket. The Hyper U has covered part of its car park with solar panels, so we parked in the shade underneath them until we saw an e-mail from the Daughter to the insurance which meant she had obviously finished work for the time being, so we drove back to the hospital car park - which is much hotter - and met her on the way in. We then had lunch and went up to see Mum.

The insurance rang and had some questions for Mum - I think there are one or two more things they need to do to arrange for her repatriation, but it should happen before the end of the week. I hope. Probably by land ambulance. 

Then we said goodbye to them and headed on. I fell sound asleep for the first bit of the journey, unsurprisingly. I have missed my afternoon naps this week!

Tomorrow the plan is to get up to Calais, and then cross on Wednesday morning, finally getting home on Wednesday evening. I have to admit, I shan't be sorry, for once. 

The aire here isn't nearly as nice as the one in Saint-Junien, but it will do for one night. This is a view from my chair when I was sitting out before supper. 

No comments:

Post a Comment