07 August 2024

Summer break, Wednesday 7 August 2024

 Home at last!

Uneventful journey home.  I popped into Carrefour to pick up the things I couldn't get in Auchan yesterday, but, sadly, it looks as though Liptons have stopped making my lovely, lovely citrus tea that I have drunk two cups of since forever!  Sadliness, if that is so.  I have  bought some orange, and some grapefuit/lemon to try, but....

My sister flew out to Saint-Junien today, so there was nobody at No 6 when we got there.  We had managed to cross an hour early, so it was lunchtime when we arrived.  We had lunch and then loaded the car, put the WoMo away until next time, and then drove back to London, arriving just after 5:00.  Unpacked, and am now flopped in front of the Olympic cycling.  We have missed most of our favourite sports, but that's life.

I  hear the insurance may have all the documents necessary to repatriate my mother within the next few days.  Meanwhile , they suggested not wasting her good beans, so I picked a bagful, plus a couple of courgettes which would do nobody any good if they turned into marrows. 

And just  look at what happened to the car while we were away!

No comments:

Post a Comment