11 July 2019

West Country Adventure, 11 July

A lovely, lazy morning doing not very much except going for a walk, short in my case, longer in the Swan Whisperer's - and reading the new Jodi Taylor which came out overnight. We are on the East Fleet, behind the Chesil Ridge, and some lovely views. 



We decided to drive to Portland Bill after lunch, but just as we were setting off, disaster struck. A miscommunication between the Swan Whisperer and me meant that he moved the van off the levelling ramp just as I crouched down to close the hab door safety tab (which you have to do or it rattles!) with the result that I was thrown violently into the side of the wardrobe and hit my upper arm so hard that it was quite some time before we could determine that it was no worse than bruised. So I didn't enjoy the drive as much as I otherwise would have done, and painkillers and ice, although they have helped a bit, haven't quite done the trick.

But it is a very pretty area, with two lighthouses


and there was a helicopter. We think it was a SAR chopper practising. 
That was the best picture I could get of it. 

Once back at the site we had a cup of tea, and the SW web for a short walk, and now he has gone to get fish and chips for us both. 

No comments:

Post a Comment