09 July 2019

West Country Adventure, 9 July

I am getting even more confused than usual with what day of the week we are, etc, as we were at a Circuit event on Saturday, which meant I spent the whole of Sunday thinking it was Monday and so on. It is, I think, now Tuesday! Plus I am not used to being driven on this side of the road in the van, and keep thinking we need to be on the wing side - it's as well I'm not driving!

We were rather lazy this morning and didn't get up until after 8:00 am, but once we had cleared up breakfast we went for a walk and once we were in the car park at the top of the hill we had a signal, so caught up a bit. 

After our wall we wished our hosts farewell, and I did buy some artisan cheese, which was quite delicious!

We decided to go rather a long way out of our way to the chain ferry at Poole Harbour. But it was a lovely drive, even though I kept missing photo opportunities! Re parked up as soon as we were off the ferry and the SW eV for an explore and to watch how the chains worked while I caught up on this year's Tour de France so far.

We had to go back on ourselves, although not retracing our steps, to get to our next port of call, which was Wimborne Minster, enjoying the unusual place names en route. We found a car park and then spent a very happy hour wandering round the eponymous Minster,
and then had a cup of tea and an ice cream (me) or coffee and a slice of lemon tart (him), before heading on to our stop for the night which is a pub on the outskirts of Wimborne. Its USP was a 4 mile walk round local farmland, which the SW promptly went on, but he says it was nothing special. Then I made mushroom and butternut squash risotto and we are now in the pub, which has WiFi (no signal again here) and a lovely butterfly on the wall: 
 And I am drinking Glenfiddich and the SW is on the cider. 

No comments:

Post a Comment